Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Why I shouldn't be a teacher!!!!

Here is a snippet of a conversation I had with one of my kids recently.....

Setting the scene: I am sitting at the activity table (we are doing some painting). So, I call the kids over for them to work with me.........

Mr Ellison: HOEY! come here please
Hoey: OK OK Mr Ellison
Mr E: Thank you very much

Hoey sits down next to me...

Mr E: JEFFREY!! JEFF, come here and do some painting ok?
Hoey: His name is not Jeff...it's Jeffrey..why did you call him Jeff?
Mr E: Because Jeff is short for Jeffrey..it would be like me calling you......(realises the short for Hoey, may not be a good name for a 5 year old..)
Hoey: What?
Mr E: Just piant....

4 comments:

Tk =) said...

LOL! Yes! Good job El =) That was the best laugh I had today!

Jacob said...

haha nice
i would have loved to have you as my teacher back in the day

Claire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hmm...what's wrong with "ho"...