Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kindergarten is for life

Of course I am going to be biased on this topic..but just lend me your eyes for a moment or two...

At a parents-teachers conference not too long ago, we shared an article with the parents which was entitled; "Everything I need to know, I learned at Kindergarten".

To an extent it's true. What are some things I teach my children?
1) Tidy up if you make a mess
2) Don't hit, bit, scratch, kick, pull, push....etc anyone
3) Put things back where you find them
4) Love one another
5) Sharing is caring
6) Flush the toilet
7) When someone else is talking (esp your teacher), Listen!
8) Sing! Dance! Laugh!
9) Try
10)Hold my hand when you cross the street
11)Line up
12) Eat healthy snacks (although sometimes it's OK to eat junk food, sometimes!)
13) Reading is FUN!
.........................

This world would be a much better place if the whole world did these things. In fact, I think people around ME would be a lot happier if I did all these things. Practice what you preach right?

There is always a lot of tragedy in the world, and it's a FACT that we choose to ignore it most of the time. I think this is why television shows are so popular. We are allowed to occupy our thoughts with questions such as Will Ross ever get back with Rachel? What's going to happen to Lincoln Burrows? How clean is your house? Which David won American Idol?........and with all this in our minds how are we supposed to focus upon changing the world, making a difference, shining the Light.....isn't this what we were made for...

I often find myself sucked into the world of things that don't really matter, because it is a good medicine for tuning out the cries of pain and loss which most of the world is really facing!!

Ok I am going off track here..but this is a blog, so I am allowed to randomly spit out thoughts!!!

The list above sounds very simple, but it's the simple things in life that we forget.
I think what I am trying to say is that, if we all did the things mentioned...there would be less suffering all around the world.

Children, you may go and play now.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm, i love this post, ell.
so what's your solution about this problem then?

>>and with all this in our minds how are we supposed to focus upon changing the world, making a difference, shining the Light.....isn't this what we were made for...

I often find myself sucked into the world of things that don't really matter, because it is a good medicine for tuning out the cries of pain and loss which most of the world is really facing!!

-
because it's very true
and i agree
but does it mean we can't have any enjoyment?